Skip to main content

Homes for rent

All general housing allocation advice and homelessness advice is provided by Wyre Forest District Council. You can contact them with enquiries about registering for housing.

By phone: 01562 732928

By Email:

On their website:

By visiting: WFDC Kidderminster HUB, Green Street, Kidderminster DY10 1HA

Homes managed by Community Housing are allocated through Home Choice Plus.

Home Choice Plus is the first choice for anyone looking for affordable housing to rent in the Wyre Forest area.

Housing providers across Worcestershire and Warwickshire list their properties for rent here each week, giving you the chance to find your preferred home from a variety of houses, bungalows, flats, apartments and sheltered accommodation.

The scheme gives applicants a single access point, meaning you only need to be registered once to "bid" on any of the vacancies advertised across the participating Local Authority areas.

There are typically around 5 - 15 homes that are advertised in the Wyre Forest area each week.

Visit the Home Choice Plus website for more information.

Home Choice Plus: Quick Guide

Home Choice Plus covers the Wyre Forest, Bromsgrove and Stratford on Avon areas.

You can choose where you want to live and what sort of home you're looking for.

Homes are advertised on the Home Choice Plus website and are offered to the people in the most housing need who have been waiting the longest.

You must register for housing online.

All enquiries about your Home Choice Plus application should be made through Wyre Forest District Council.

What we expect from you

You need to be aware of the various conditions that need to be met before we can consider you for a Group tenancy. This includes:

  • Advising us promptly of any change in your circumstances that might affect your priority (e.g. change of address, birth of a child etc)
  • Responding promptly to any requests for information we might make. If we are aware that either you, or a member of your household, have engaged in criminal or anti-social behaviour, this may jeopardise your chances of being offered a tenancy.

If you are a tenant of Community Housing and want to transfer to another home:

  • Your rent account will need to be clear before you move and you must not have been in arrears of rent for more than 4 weeks during the last 12 months
  • Your home and any garden must be in a satisfactory condition and ready for a new tenant to move in
  • If we are aware that either you, or a member of your household, have engaged in criminal or anti-social behaviour, this could jeopardise your chances of being offered a transfer
  • We won’t allow you to transfer to another property if you hold a Starter Tenancy.