Skip to main content

Benefits & Money

We have all seen an increase in bills and the general cost of living.

If you are finding it difficult to pay your rent or keep up with bills, you may qualify for additional benefits and support, depending on your circumstances.

However, working out what benefits that you are entitled to can be tricky, especially with recent welfare changes. Our Tenancy Solutions Team can provide help and support with getting the right benefit entitlements. We can also look at ways of reducing bills and look at grants and funding that may be available.

Our Tenancy Sustainability Advisors can check current entitlement, do 'what if' scenarios, and offer support with challenging benefit decisions and appealing against them.

If you would like support and advice, please email the team directly at or call us on 0300 003 5454.

The following links will take you to information on external websites.

Although we make every effort to ensure these links are accurate, up to date and relevant, Community Housing cannot take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers.


Building Better Opportunities (BBO) for one-to-one support & employment advice

Universal Credit

Benefit Cap

Housing Benefit

Personal Independence Payment

Employment Support Allowance

Child Tax Credit

Tax Free Childcare

Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for children

Kidderminster Foodbank

6Towns Credit Union

Help If You're Struggling To Pay Your Energy Bill - Which?