Skip to main content


Cleaning of communal areas

We aim to keep all internal and external communal areas clean including internal and external light fittings and windows. Hard standing areas and paths will be sprayed and treated for weeds as required, and moss in courtyards and paths will be treated when reported.

Blocks of flats with 5 or more floors will be inspected regularly to ensure that the communal areas are kept free of fire hazards and access routes remain clear.

Grounds Maintenance of communal gardens

We will keep communal gardens clear of litter from grassed areas and shrub beds. Grass will be cut and mulched, if required and trim any hedges or overhanging shrubs from communal pathways. Invasive plants will be removed from hedges or shrub beds.

Grass on the front gardens of our Independent Living Schemes will be cut and mulched.

Shrub beds will be pruned during the winter months and beech and conifer hedges will be cut back during September/October time.

Please note that the Local Authority is generally responsible for clearing litter and cutting of grass verges next to roads and public footpaths classed as a highway.

Play areas

the Company owns and manages 16 play areas which are provided to benefit young people and ensure they have somewhere safe to play, and they will be inspected regularly. There will also be an independent check of each playground and the playground equipment.

We ask everyone to try to help ensure our playgrounds are safe areas for children by reporting any vandalism immediately, with details of anybody causing vandalism.

Waste, bulky refuse and fly tipping

Fly tipping is the illegal dumping of waste and residents are responsible for disposal of their own waste, including bulky refuse. Rubbish must be disposed of correctly in the bins provided, or your own waste bins, separating the recycling from general waste.

For bulky waste, there are a number of options available:

  • Bulky rubbish can be taken to Council Recycling Centre at Minster Road, Stourport DY13 8AS or Worcester Road, Kidderminster DY10 1LB
  • Wyre Forest District Council offer bulky waste collections for a fee. Tel: 01562 732528

You can report untidy areas, fly-tipping, vandalism, graffiti, communal repairs, broken communal lights and other hazards by the following methods:


We are responsible for all trees on communal areas and play areas owned by Community Housing and will carry out periodic tree surveys, as required.

Trees in the front and rear of your garden is your responsibility, however, we can provide expert advice, if required and a free quotation for the works. In the case of emergencies or for Health and Safety purposes only, we can carry out work in your garden free of charge.